Google’s recent updates have rattled many webmasters. Are your rankings safe? Do you have to worry about Google’s next updates? There are three things that you can do to stay ahead of future Google updates.
1. Understand that Google wants the same as you
Google wants to offer web searchers the solution to their problems. Your products and services also solve the problems of your customers. Show Google that your website offers the best solution to a problem.
2. Focus on your visitors and Google will follow
Some webmasters try to create the perfect backlink profile for Google. That’s not how you should work. A backlink is a good link if it delivers targeted visitors to your website.
There’s only one question that you have to ask to find high quality backlinks: "Can I get good website visitors through this link?"
If the answer is yes, you should try to get the link. Do not worry too much about backlink profiles. If you only create links that are useful for real people, Google will like your links.
Getting visitors through Google is great, but it should not be your only source. Each new channel that drives visitors to your website will make you less dependent from Google:
- Get listed on Bing and other search engines.
- Get links on related websites that deliver visitors to your site.
- Improve the conversion rate of your web pages and optimize the long-term value of each visitor.
- Develop relationships with companies and people who are related to your business.
Google wants to show high quality sites in the search results. If your website offers compelling content that offers the solution to a problem then Google will give your pages high rankings. Don’t try to please Google. Try to please your website visitors.
Offer good content, get backlinks that deliver visitors and offer a valuable website. That will place your business in a secure position.