Since Google’s recent updates, even the most ignorant webmaster should have understood that this is not the way link building works. Google hates these artificial backlinks and you can even get your website in trouble if you use tools and services that automatically create backlinks to your site.
It’s the quality of the backlinks that matters, not the quantity. When you try to get new backlinks to your website, consider the following:
Get backlinks that show your influence
When Google introduced a ranking algorithm that was based on the number of backlinks that point to a website, the main idea was that a website with many backlinks must be an influential website.
Most of the artificial backlinks do not indicate influence at all. If you focus on the backlinks that show Google that your website is important, then you don’t have to worry about future Google updates. Google’s algorithm wants to find important links that point to your website.
Google likes the following links:
- Links from websites that have a related topic. If your website is an online travel agency, links from travel blogs will have a very positive influence on your rankings.
- Links from single web pages that are related to your topic. For example, a newspaper website usually isn’t related to your site. If they publish an article about a topic that is related to your website, a link from that page would be great.
- Links that show the importance of your website. If your website is linked with a “Further information about that topic can be found here” link then search engines will see that your website is an authority for that topic.
- Links from high authority websites. If Wikipedia or the NY Times link to your website, it’s clear that your website must be important.
Get backlinks that show that your website is real
These four link types above are the best links that your website can get. That does not mean that other links don’t count. There are several other link types that will also have a positive influence on your search engine rankings:
- Links from business associations. These links show search engines that your website belongs to a particular category.
- Links from related articles. If you publish guest posts on other web logs, it’s okay to link to your site. As long as the content of the page is related to your website, this will have a positive influence. Do not bulk submit the same article to many sites. Be selective.
- Links from business directories. Some websites such as the Yellow Pages simply must list your website if you want to show search engines that you’re serious about your business.
- Links from business partners. It’s perfectly fine if your business partners link to your site.
- Any link that delivers targeted visitors to your website.
All links that deliver visitors to your website are good links. When you build backlinks, ask yourself: “Can I get visitors through this link?” If the answer is yes, the link is a good link. It’s as simple as that.
How the tools in SEOprofiler help you to get these links
SEOprofiler offers many powerful tools that help you to get the links mentioned above. The hub finder tool helps you to find websites that link to several of your competitors, the link opportunity finder helps you to find websites that accept your guest posts, the backlinks by keyword tool helps you to find websites that will link to your website with a particular keyword, etc.
In addition, SEOprofiler offers a sophisticated link manager that helps you to manage your link building campaign. The link manager keeps track of your link requests, it checks if the other websites still link to your site, it automatically finds contact information, and much more.
Google’s new approach to link building actually isn’t a new approach. It’s what we have been recommending in this blog for years. If you want to get high rankings that last, you have to use search engine optimization methods that are beneficial to searchers, search engines and your business.
Start getting great backlinks
The link building tools in SEOprofiler help you to get high quality backlinks that lead to high rankings that last. You can use all link building tools in SEOprofiler for just $1 (this offer is available once per customer):
Please tell your friends and colleagues about SEOprofiler and click one of the following buttons: